CS1W-CIF31 and CS1W-CN226 config

Joel201

Hello,

I will be editing a program in a CJ1M CPU11 the problem is that my laptop doesn't have a serial connection so i bought a CS1W-CIF31 and CS1W-CN226 cables. I have already installed the drivers for the cables. Can anyone teach me the port settings that i should make in the device manager (eg. Baud rate, Parity, Data bits, Stop bits, and flow control) and in the CX-Programmer. I am have not done this before so i am quite new so do i use the toolbus in the network type?

Edit*
And if i were using those cables do i need to change some dip switches on the plc or does the cable converter has some dip switches too.

Thanks,
Joel

When you plug in the CS1W-CIF31 go to device manager as you will probably have to manually install the driver. You can find the driver in the Omron directory/Drivers/USB/CS1W-CIF31.
Then in CX-Programmer select 'Auto Online - then select serial (not USB) and it will connect for you. Make sure you have the converter, cable and PLC plugged in.

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the reply.
besides the fact that i need those cable which is i have already is there any settings or parameters that i should set on the cx-programmer and the com port device manager like the baud rate, parity, and etc.

Thanks,
Joel

You may have to select the serial port number - you can find it in device manager.

Hello,

Thanks again. besides the serial port do i need to configure the baud rate, parity, stop bits? or i just need them to be the same?

Thanks,

No - it is a search function and searches. The only thing it may pick up incorrectly is the serial port that is why you have to check and/or configure.