Customize Protocol development with 1769 ASCII module

RaajarajanS

Hi,
My task is to build customize serial protocol with AB 1769 ASCII module with one of the Medical device (ASCII device).I am new for this Module.I studied the manual as there will be alternate mode and simultaneous mode.I want to use only one serial port from the device so which mode i can select??
How the data format would be .. as per my understanding string format with SINT (8 bit reg) with the help of Rx Transaction ID once cable connected with config i can read the data and ID then based on recived data and ID Then I can also send some data to the device in string format i need to dump the data in Local:1:O.Ch0TxData[0] with length as maximum 80 char (SINT).
i worked on SM2 module with modbus comm based on address we can identify the data for ex (400104 - Power factor).In MLX we can assign the slave config too. But in this case, based on what querry i need to answer for ex Have some querry from Device asking current date and time from PLC through 1769 ASCII.so that case how can i send. at what base ?? Rx ID or RX data Is it possible to make slave config data to Ascii device like Modbus.Please help me out this anyone.?Please share if any sample program
Thanks
Raajan