Data Logging with Red Lion DSPSX000

amitpanvekar

Hi

Can I log the data at 100 samples per second using DSPSX00 ? If yes, please let me know how to do it?

Help is appreciated.

Cheers

crimson_data_log.jpg

Hi

Can I log the data at 100 samples per second using DSPSX00 ? If yes, please let me know how to do it?

Help is appreciated.

Cheers

As you have seen, the datalogging system doesn't allow you to log more often than once per second, but even if you could, the Tag data is not updated that often so you wouldn't get new data to log.

The maximum number of files you can store is 200 and there is a limitation to the number of samples that a file can hold (though I can't remember what it is off the top of my head). All these issues combined make the DSPLE a wrong fit for your requirements.

I'm sure it could be done, but I'd be concerned with doing this with a PC based data collection system. Possibly not its ability to *store* data that quickly, but to actually retrieve samples at that high a rate (or for the PLC or other device to provide *valid* data every 10ms)

Last edited:
Hmm... I think it will Log those values to the Compact Flash card. But it will only write all of the values to the card every two minutes. For some reason I am thinking 16 was the magic number but let me do a test.

Joe_WaZoo

Hmm... I think it will Log those values to the Compact Flash card. But it will only write all of the values to the card every two minutes. For some reason I am thinking 16 was the magic number but let me do a test.

Joe_WaZoo

He was asking about logging 100 samples per second, not 100 tags every second.

You are right that it logs to the CF every 2 minutes, but the fastest log time is 1 second.

Oh I missed that little tid bit. Run Forrest Run! We will not be able to do all of that, that fast. Call National Instruments and acquire their products.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo