Datalogix Powerscan M8300/BC-80X0 issues

TL140

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is only a little PLC related, but has anyone had experience with this type of scanner before?

We have an RS-232 setup with the cradle, and a wireless scanner. All of a sudden one day, it stopped working for no reason. The barcodes would scan and the data would get put in the PLC (AB CompactLogix. Cant remember the model off the top of my head. its a L43 I do believe.). The issue is that the data terminators somehow got put back on, and since our code is looking for a certain amount of characters, the $r$l data terminator is making the PLC see more characters and cannot continue with regular cycle.

I really don't want to program any code to get around the terminator, because I still do not know why it randomly put the terminator back on. I am trying to re-program the scanner with the barcodes in the manual and it doesn't seem to work at all. I've tried a new scanner as well, so I think I have to program the cradle, but from the user manual, I still cant seem to.

Does anyone have and advice?

I prefer to use the terminators.
I also like to use the barcode scanners out of the box so that if someone replaces one they don't have to program it to get it to work.

You should ensure that you have the correct model for the reprogramming effort. Using the codes in the book will likely not work if you're using the wrong book/codes.