Delat timer in STL in S7

Vdub_Bob

I am trying to put some delay timers for fault messages in some of our programs but some of the faults are in FB so they are written STL already. here is wat i wrote in ladder converted to STl and want to do the Same in the blocks but do i pick the in/out for my timer and do i select 5S timer or just timer

A bit 0
A bit 1
A T20
= coil1
L S5t#5s
Sd T20

I have tried this but it will not take the contact for the timer.

A #BIT0
A #BIT1
A #TMR1
= #COIL1
L S5T#3S
L #TMR1

If I change the A tmr1 to L tmr1 it will take it but cant afford for it to be wrong when i download it in so how do i do this?

Try this:
Switch to FBD/LAD.
Create a timer, add enable bit1,bit0.
Switch to STL.

You should have something like:

Code:
A Bit0
A Bit1
L S5t#2s
SD T10

A T10
= coil

Step.png

Last edited:
If you feel more comfortable in ladder, change the view to ladder, insert a new segment, this will appear in ladder and program in ladder.

I think ADFOX is right first you have to call the timer and then you can use the timers contact.

That's incorrect, you can look at the state of the timer anywhere.

The problem with the original code was he did not have a condition to run the timer.

A bit 0
A bit 1
A T20
= coil1
L S5t#5s
Sd T20

In this code, A T 20 is in the code to set coil1, the RLO could be used to run the timer would always be off, so in effect the timer is relying in itself to have timed out to start timing.

A bit 0
A bit 1
L S5t#5s
Sd T20

A T20
= coil1

would be the correct answer