Delta Tau PMAC Geo Drive 480VAC

ZestyMozzarella

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone, was hoping I could inquire with the community as I'm stuck in quite a bind. I have a Delta Tau PWM drive model number GPH1020000. This Delta Tau CPU rack is unlike most PLC programmer interfaces in that it's coded in Visual Basic. I'm uncertain at this time if anything about the code from the PMAC CPU reads from this drive as I'm unfamiliar with the software and just downloaded it from Delta Tau.

The drive is clearly faulted and lost power rails after a sudden power loss. We sent it out for repair, the tech claimed no errors, we get it back, the power rail indicators are back but it emits a shunt resistor error. Upon careful inspection of the drive after ten years of thermal cycles heated in a cooled cabinet, some of the resistors while measuring good are clearly cold and chip right off the board.

I think our best option is to purchase a brand new one. We found a spare in our warehouse labeled "needs repair" which of course in the past, no one ever got fixed either and is also cold joint looking. The repair company is looking into whether or not they could do an entire board level repair or not. Ultimately, I need to buy a new one but these things are 3-6 months built to order! None in stock anywhere and I have been scouring all over USA and Europe. My two main questions are:

1. Does anyone know if a similar drive in industry may be directly plug and play with this unit? My answer from most so far is no.

2. Does anyone recognize this drive and by chance may have one laying around? I know that's a far fetched chance but in terms of industry and the amount of users here, I'm throwing a Hail Mary out there in hopes someone may want to be a hero by selling a spare or inventory one to us.

As always, appreciate any input or advice one can lend. Thank you!

Drive Serial.jpg IMG_1700.jpg IMG_1701.jpg IMG_1702.jpg

Attachments

• GEO DIRECT PWM AMPLIFIER.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 10