DELTA V DCS & GE iFIX

joeburmeister

I have Delta V DCS V14.3.1. I also have iFIX 6.1. I notice that DV uses iFix as its Operate/Configure (screen development). Can anyone tell me if I can somehow utilize the screen/pictures created in either iFix 5.5 or iFix 6.1 in DV DCS?

When i try to open an Ifix PIC file in DV DCS, i get the following error message. Is there a way for DV DCS to recognize iFix pictures?

Does anyone have Delta V screens (preferably water treatment focus) they can send me?

---------------------------
Version Mismatch
The build number you are using (5179) is trying to open a document that was created with a build number (10179) that is newer than the version that you are using. You should upgrade your software to the newer version to load this document.
OK

Knowing how both GE and Emerson work, it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't possible to ensure that you give them money and they don't eat into each other's customer base.

I may be wrong and all you need is to have what seems a much older version installed.

I have Delta V DCS V14.3.1. I also have iFIX 6.1. I notice that DV uses iFix as its Operate/Configure (screen development). Can anyone tell me if I can somehow utilize the screen/pictures created in either iFix 5.5 or iFix 6.1 in DV DCS?

When i try to open an Ifix PIC file in DV DCS, i get the following error message. Is there a way for DV DCS to recognize iFix pictures?

Does anyone have Delta V screens (preferably water treatment focus) they can send me?

Version Mismatch
The build number you are using (5179) is trying to open a document that was created with a build number (10179) that is newer than the version that you are using. You should upgrade your software to the newer version to load this document.
OK

DeltaV started with the iFix graphics library years ago. They have taken over development and gone their own way, diverging from the iFix animation system.

It would have taken some communication between the different companies to enable graphics to move from one to the other. Since I have not seen this advertised as a feature ... I would guess the answer is 'NO'.

Hi,
I am a fan of DeltaV as a DCS solution for so many reasons that I will not elaborate here as it is not the purpose of this post. I actually started my career in automation programming iFix applications and I was fond of it at the time.
Long story short, Intellution (the creator of iFix) was bought by Emerson in 1996.
Emerson used and actually still uses to this day iFix as the ‘HMI’ solution (DeltaV Operate) for its DCS DeltaV (since version 14, an other HMI solution based on HTML-5 technology is also available - DeltaV Live).
In 2002, Emerson sold iFix (V3.0 at the time) to GE Fanuc. This is when DeltaV operate and Proficy iFix split off.
GE kept on developing iFix with the current version being V6.5.
To this day, DeltaV still uses iFix V3.0 - 2002 as its core software for DeltaV operate in its current DeltaV version V14.3.
This is not to say that Emerson has stopped working on its DeltaV operate solution, but from that point on, there is no way to read .grf files from GE iFix with DeltaV Operate.
I have never used DeltaV Live as the new alternative for screen engineering. I am quite curious to know if it is well designed and easy and user-friendly to use.