DH+ Communications over Wireless Link?

sanger

We have an existing DH+ network that includes a PLC on a moveable transfer car. The DH+ connection to the transfer car is via a Wampfler overhead rail system. The rail system is going to be approximately doubled in length and although we are fairly confident that the DH+ communications will continue to operate with this extension we would like to be prepared with a backup solution, most likely wireless.

So far I've been unable to find any useful information on extending DH+ over a wireless link. Are there any wireless DH+ solutions available or would the only option be to use wireless Ethernet with DH+/Ethernet gateways?

Thanks.

Dont think there is any DH+/WiFi gateway, apart from going via Ethernet somehow.
There are a number of possible methods involving ethernet, but if the serial port on the CPU is free, then maybe consider Bluetooth. There are industrial Bluetooth-serial adapters avilable. You then have a completely independent alternative to DH+.