Do they need an electrician or a snake charmer?

Not uncommon. A friend worked at a surface mine in the west with remote pumps. Often there were rattle snakes in the disconnects....some dead and some p****d off.

Seen mice many times in electrical cabinets....dead and alive. My guess is that the snakes entered looking for a meal.

I stopped counting the number of snakes I've come across in outdoor control panels... The dead ones are fine, it's the live ones that freak me out. I did a low-head hydro generator control system once in Idaho years ago, we had to look into the outdoor switchgear to see why the motorized breakers were not responding. We found an entire colony of Garter Snakes living in there. It was mating season for them, so this was apparently a snake orgy. Several of them had gone across live poles and died, the rest didn't seem to notice.