Does the JSR instruction in Logixpro work?

IndianaPLC

I'm using LogixPro ver. 1.84. CD key verion. MY OS is WinXP SP2.

When I try to use the jsr instruction (and sbr and ret), logixpro locks up and I have to shut it down with the task manager. This happens on my desktop and laptop.

Is this the way it is, or am I special?

Yes, it does work, but not like the equivalent in RSLogix. There are some tabs at the bottom of your LogixPro screen marked SBR2, SBR3 etc and those are your subroutine file areas where you must put any programming you wish to jump to. If you do not, then LogixPro does not know what to do and just locks up as you have seen. So, reference those files in your JSRs and put your programming there and you will be fine. The main file for your program is LAD2 by the way. You must JSR from there and RET to there.