Downloading PLC program siemens PLC's

fredz0003

[Just realized my 100th post! wohooo]

Hey everyone it has been a while, I have a few questions regarding download for the siemens experts more specific to s7-300, and s7-400.

Let's say that the initial commissioning has been done and all the user program has been loaded to the eprom via download user program to memory card.

If I delete an OB for troubleshooting, or if I modify and FC. When going online those would show as being on RAM and everything else on the eprom.

My question is if there's a power cycle, then whatever changes are gone, and original OB, FC are loaded to working memory?

Then what should be the best way to put an modified FC onto the memory card?

What about new FB/FC/DB that are nonexistent on the memory card?

Would the best way is just copy online DB to offline project, and download user program to memory card again?

Thanks for your help! :)

Last edited: