Drive Executive, am I really doing this right?

KGREEN02

Hello, I'm using Version 5.02.99.00 Drive Exec with the 1203 USB point to point connection. When I open RS Linx, it shows all the previous connections I've made, (including micrologix) as "running". I have to stop all those and highlight the power flex 40 connection in this case, then auto-configure. It comes up saying auto config appears to have succeeded, however has failed to identify the device. Then I get a message 1770-KF2/1785-KE/Scan port. I hit ok on that one, then get a warning saying STA:01, TYPE: 96, TERM: 34, PROC: 96. I have no idea what that is, so I hit OK, then finally it says "auto config Succesful," then I can upload from the drive or connect to the last working node (1). I never have to do this connecting to micrologix, it just auto configures and works. Does anyone have any suggestions what I might be doing wrong, or is this just the nature of the beast? Thanks in avance..