Driver for PCMK 1784 driver of windows XP.

I'm not sure if this helps but I just went through the same pain as Struggling_foward is. I went to the RA site/software/downloads and downloaded 1784-PCMK_Win2k_XP.zip. Unzip the file/control panel and install new hardware. I had Windows2000 but our IT dept. does not support it anymore and had to install XP due to hard drive failure.
Jeff

tell you what ... I've got an extra laptop that's running XP Pro ... would it help if I bring home the PCMK card and see if it comes up and runs? ...

to be honest, I'm not 100% sure that we've even got a problem here in the first place ... the original poster asked "how to get the driver?" - and then hasn't posted again since ... personally I think he's already GOT it ... jimbo3123 nailed down the same path that I have - and I'll bet that the necessary file is right there where it's supposed to be ...

maybe (?) Struggling_forward has got everything working now - and the rest of us are just running around in circles and keeping the dust from settling ...

offline for tonight ...
No, thats quite alright Ron, I am sure you are correct. Ive always installed the driver from the floppy that came with the card, assuming thats why it was included. Ive never tried using a driver that came with linx.

memory lane ...

if I remember correctly, the PCMK card goes back to the good old days of the DOS-based 6200 and A.I. programming software packages ... in those packages there was no RSLinx - and the communication drivers had to be set up right in the programming software itself ...

I believe that's where the floppy disk came into play ...

Reply.

First off let me start by saying i'm a long time lurker first time poster. Ron B as always you have been a wealth of knowledge and experience. I also needed the drivers installed for my PCMK card to function at work. The link posted still works and has resolved my connectivity issues. Thanks again guys. (y)