E&H Promass 300 - EIP I/O - Totalizer Not Resetting

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
How is it going y'all? So We have had a pesky problem with an EH 300 flow meter. We are using EIP to reset the totalizer, and for some reason the totalizer control won't respond to reset commands.

If you look at page 84 of the manual here:
https://portal.endress.com/wa001/dla/5001098/3854/000/00/BA01717DEN_0117.pdf

It shows the totalizer control registers. Now I did notice that entries in the O1 tag created by the AOP takes a negative value. I guess one of our techs was able to get it to reset on a test bench but not on that PLC. I also guess they tried to manually send the value and it wouldn't accept it. I haven't been on site to mess with it, but I did take a look at a couple similar ones.

I know that these are using a custom AOI that moves a "1" into that output register to reset the totalizer. That seems correct for the older 83 models, but not for these.

I'm posting this because I have two things confusing me.

1. If you look at the output table on page 84 for the totalizer control registers, it gives a number in parenthesis. I have no clue what those numbers are supposed to represent. At first I thought they were a number of bits, but meh. I'm not so sure. There are multiple 3's.
  2. I'm wondering if the program isn't copying a junk value into that register and corrupting it. If it sets a bit that isn't supposed to be set, or something similar keeping the flow meter from taking further commands in that register.
It's a pesky one. Probably had 10 people involved in this one. There are some theories floating around, but honestly I think there is some pedantic oversight causing this.

I have a E&H Promag400 meter using EIP and it was not as easily accomplished as I would have thought, the EDS file was different from the docs I had so that was fun.
If you are using different tag names due to your EDS or firmware I'm not sure this will help.

Code:
Make sure the web password is in    C.STD_AccessCode
Ensure the value 198 is in          O1.Totalizer_1_Control_Totalizer_1
Set the bit                         O1.Control_Totalizer_1_Activation
Release the bit

I have a E&H Promag400 meter using EIP and it was not as easily accomplished as I would have thought, the EDS file was different from the docs I had so that was fun.
If you are using different tag names due to your EDS or firmware I'm not sure this will help.

Code:
Release the bit

That's interesting. That very well could be the issue. We have totalizer enable bits to set. I'll have to check the ones that are working and see.

Code:
Release the bit

We have one that is working, and that is the difference. Thank you. I have communicated that to the team working on it.

I just went ahead and set it up. Appreciate the help. Working fine now.

Last edited: