e-net pv600 to cti 2572a

grunt

Hey guys (and gals)I have a slight problem. We have a standard pv600 with e-net and need to communicate initially with 1 CTI 2572a or cti 2500-c200 controller. The 2572a seems are most likely candidate. We are however cunfused about the protocol to use and how to set-up the pv tags. Anyone have any suggestions on how we tie these together? We will in the future be using some peer to peer over e-net to multiple 2572a modules. I know a serial connection to the 2500 and peer to peer would have been easier but!!

Last edited:
KEPServerEnterprise which should come with your RSView SE or Factroytalk software supports connectivity to the 2572a or the 2500-C200. It is the Simatic 505 Ethernet Driver. it is the only way to connect to the device from a PV Panel.

KEPServerEnterprise

Fred, thanks for the feedback. I believe you mentioned this on a previous post elsewhere. I do not have rsview or factory talk, in the facility in question. I went to the Kepware site and saw the EX version - is this the unbundled version KEPServerEnterprise? Or should i be checking for another product? How does kepware tie into a standard panelview and Panelbuilder32?

Last edited:
You can only get KepserverEnterprise from Rockwell it is the private lable version of the server that they distribute for use with RSView32, SE, ME and FactoryView. It is the only way to get CE enabled product for the panels.

I don't know of anyone who has connected a Standard PanelView terminal to a CTI 2572A.

In theory, it could work.

The CTI 2572A emulates some very specific ControlLogix controller-scoped Tags:

VSxxx V Signed (16 bit signed Integer)
VUxxx V Unsigned (16 bit unsigned Integer)
VFxxx V Float (2 V-memory registers as 32-bit Float)
VLxxx V Long (2 V-memory registers as 32-bit signed Integer)
VExxx V Extended (1 V-memory register as 32-bit Signed Integer)

Where the xxx is the V-memory element in the TI-505 controller.

If you treat the CTI 2572A as a ControlLogix in Slot 0 of a chassis when you configure PanelBuilder32, it should be able to read and write these tags in the TI-5x5 controller.