ELAU Pacdrive software upload

etdk

Hi all,

I'm new into Pacdrive controllers, and facing a problem by uploading the controllers data on my laptop. We're working with a ELAU Pacdrive MAx-4, who is coupled via modbus and profibus to several servo's, one HMI panel, and one Phoenix I/O module.
When i do diagnostics i only can see the servo's and the Pacdrive controller's data. And can't get acces to the HMI panel and I/O module. If i go online i only see some controller data, but not the programs source code. Also when i'm trying to upload the source code it uploads a blank program. Is it possible the program is read protected, or do i somewhere make a mistake??

Thx

What brand-model of HMI? Typically the HMI is programmed by another piece of s/w; something offline, compiled and then downloaded.

The I/O module would not have a program running in it, its just a slave to the PLC.

What is the PLC programming s/w you are running? Some mfg's offer a stripped down version that only allows access to data.

Details are crucial, otherwise its a guess.

Last edited:
The HMI is a Esa VT505W00000, it's connected via X18 Com 2 (RS485) to the Pacdrive controller.

When i run the diagnostics i'm not able to see the HMI is connected. Then i only see The Pacdrive controller, The servo controllers, and the servo's who are connected. From the Pacdrive controller it seems like i can read the I/O's, who are connected via profibus.

We're using the original s/w: ELAU Automation toolkit Epas-4 and we have installed V22 & V24.

Hope those details give's a better insight.

PacDrive, like most motion higher end platforms, does not store the source on the controller by default. Do put the source on a controller, you must go online with it and then choose "Source Download to PacDrive Controller" from the Online menu.

To upload the source, you go to File -> Open... and then click the PLC... button in the lower right of the file select screen. If the source was not downloaded to the controller, you will not have anything to upload.