Error going online with ML1100

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone ever encountered this error in RSLogix 500?

Upload Failed!
Unknown Compiler Error
Unknown Compiler Error

I've been online with the processor hundreds of times before, but making an online edit this afternoon kicked me out.

Strangely, the PLC is still online and its status in RSlinx is "Remote run". Memory registers are readable from HMIs.

I can even access the web server through Internet Explorer and the diagnostic screens don't show anything peculiar.

I haven't tried going online through the serial port or power cycling, but i will tomorrow morning.

We've had a similar issue with one particular 5/05. When it happens we find the status bits for online editing in an undefined state, and the SLC croaks about 8 to 10 hours later every time. Power cycling is the only way to resolve it for us.

Before you cycle power, use the data table monitor in RSLinx (or an HMI) to check the two bits that are concerned with online editing...I don't recall the addresses off the top of my head, and they may be different for the ML1100...

We've reported the problem to Rockwell, but they weren't able to help much or repeat the issue, so it would be nice if another customer could corroborate what I think is a firmware issue, possibly firmware in the enet board.

EDIT: there might be something useful in this thread:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=48746&highlight=5/05+online+edits

Last edited:
The bits (S:33/11 & S:33/12)were OK. Power cycle didn't help.

I tried downloading the program to the processor over Ethernet, but I get "Program has errors. Can Not Download". When I goto the error, it displays "ERROR: Compiler error number: 4099".

Heading to the plant now to see if I can go online through serial port...

I've attached a copy of the program file that I get the compiler error on.

I'm hoping someone will be able to figure out what's going on!

we had the same error on an 1100 after a lightning storm. Could see everything but wouldn't run or download. had to replace the PLC

Got it working. Had to load a new program with no rungs (except one with END instruction). Old program wouldn't compile, but I was able to copy all the data tables and ladder files using copy/paste or copy/paste from SLC library to the new program and everything downloaded correctly.