Ethernet HMI for CompactLogix

bluenoser337

What's the smallest, least expensive AB touchscreen for displaying and inputting very small amounts of data with a CompactLogix Ethernet CPU? Hoping the answer isn't PanelView Component (not a big fan). Thanks!

I hear ya, I work for an OEM that is all panel view plus so I don't get exposure to much else. I can't really speak for the other products.

Panelview Components are not designed to be directly compatible with CompactLogix processors. They are designed to work with SLCs, Micrologix, and Micro800 PLCs, and will also be discontinued in January 2016.

I seem to recall someone saying the Panelview 800s support the L1x series of compactlogix controllers, but i can't seem find any information verifying that on the AB website.

I believe your best option would be to purchase i Panelview Plus 7 Standard (the replacement for the panelview Plus 6 Compact models). They are costly, but if your customer requires AB only, they should be ready to pay the price.