Ethernet/IP over Ubiquiti AirMAX?

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone tried running Ethernet/IP through AirMAX? I don't see anything that would keep it from working/communicating, curious if anyone has experience with it though.

Not running any safety related processes through the wireless.

Best,

~E

All depends on your distance, Obstacles, Landscape, RPI requirements, etc. Not enough info provided.

That being said Ubiquiti makes some very rock solid gear so if you can't make it work on that you would not be able to make it work on much else.

The only thing I would add is that Ubiquiti does not have people to come out and help you AFAIK like Prosoft or some other vendors have. But for what the gear does and it's price it can't be beat.

We have used some of the nanostations and also some Rocket-Ms, in the 5 GHz bands, on quite a few jobs. Longest shot was 7 KM. On average, about a KM. They work pretty well

I have used the Ubiquity set up to connect a point I/O to a Compact Logix. As already mentioned this was not for any safety applications or process critical applications. It was a distance of only about 1 KM and had a perfect line of sight. The set up was a snap and I have never had any issues with this. All in about 400$ for both antennas. This was the first time I used anything more than a wireless router and I would do it again.