Ethernet IP troubleshooting

We have switched all devices to autonegotiate. But it did not help. We still were getting communication errors. We have ended up to add another ENBT card and another unmanaged switch. We segregated all drives to one switch / ENBT card and remote I/O and HMI on another switch / ENBT cards. After that problem disappered. Currently machine is shipped to customer site. Scheduled to be running beginning of next year. Will see if we hear anything in that regards.

PaulB.

So we'll never get an answer on this one, sadly.

Splitting the networks hasn't made the problem go away, it's just put it into the realms of "it isn't causing a problem now".

It would have been nice to have got a proper resolution on this, but I fear that will not happen now....

this is the recomendation from Rockwell for an F075 Fault

EtherNet and ControlNet

EtherNet only: if you are getting random F75 faults, it is most likely caused by your Ethernet switch. Cause the 20commE is a multicast device, a Managed switch is needed to constrain all the Ethernet traffic.

I would also suggest you double check your E/Net cable connections thoroughly.
I have found if you are rough they sometimes can go open

I've seen a similar problem. The problem, I think, was caused by CAT5 cable routed too close to power cables. If memory serves me correctly, the cables were between a few VFDs and motors. My theory was that electromagnetic interference caused ethernet comm issues. I guess I'll never know for sure what the problem was, but relocating the CAT5 resolved the issue.