Factory talk, cant upload from Panel view plus 600

Timeismoney08

I am trying to upload the program in the panelview HMI to my computer using Factory talk and a Ethernet cable to do some editing.

I know the steps, I'm connected through rslinx classic (latest version).
but when I click transfer utility on Factory talk, I get a pop up saying " The Rslinx enterprise comm link tree activeX control could not be loaded (May need to re-install Rslinx enterprise)".

* I know my Rslinx works. I connected to a compactlogix and micrologix 1600 PLC's today.

* I am running windowsXP

any help would me realy appreciated.
thanks.

RSLinx Enterprise is a part of the FTView installation, and is not the same as the RSLinx Classic you use for CompactLogix and MicroLogix communication.

RSLinx Enterprise is a standard component of the installation of FactoryTalk View Studio. you would have specifically had to de-select it.

I would just do the FactoryTalk View Studio installation again. It might skip the installed components and let you go directly to RSLinx Enterprise.

As Ken mentions, if you start the install of FT Studio, you can select to install RSLinx Enterprise. No need to reinstall FT Studio.

You can also take a USB drive and plug into the PV+ and manually transfer the runtime to the USB drive. You have to access the COnfiguration screen on the PV+ to iniate the transfer. Then you would need the Application Manager (tool installed with Studio) to restore the Runtime.

OG

All of this is before we even get to the topic of whether or not the application was saved with the "upload enabled" option.

The very best thing you can do is to get an Archive (*.APA) from the original vendor and make sure you have all the software components installed on your computer: FactoryTalk View Studio, RSLinx Enterprise, and all the associated tools like Application Manager.