First Time Using 4-20mA/1734-IE4C Module

Ahhh. Ok. i'm seeing it better now.
+ (red wire) to voltage source (VTM)
- (black wire) to corresponding input (1 in my case)
G (green wire) to ground (terminal 6 in my case)

You need to connect the common pin (terminal 4 or 5) of the 1734-IE4C to the 0V of your 24V DC power supply. This gives the current a path to follow.

AustralIan:
If the AENT adapter is already powered, he doesn't need to wire the module to DC common since the Point rack has a backplane bus handling the common. IE4C module just doesn't provide a +24V contact.

Check out pages 14-15:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1734-in032_-en-p.pdf

You can verify this by using a multimeter to measure the potential from the power supply's DC+ to points 4 or 5 on the module's terminal block: 24VDC.

Last edited:
This is the wiring specification for the sensor I am using.

Row 2 is exactly your answer since you are measuring a 4-20mA signal: energize the sensor (+24V) with the red wire, terminate the black wire to your desired input channel.

Row 2 is exactly your answer since you are measuring a 4-20mA signal: energize the sensor (+24V) with the red wire, terminate the black wire to your desired input channel.

I've had it wired that way, but I still can't seem to get the Module to recognize the channel in use(still flashing red). Using a multimeter I can see that the 1734-VTM card is providing the voltage through the red wire. I've got the black wire wired into Input Channel 1. I tried scaling the engineering units,but it doesn't seem to help.

Also, thanks everyone for your help so far. This forum is awesome.

Happy to report I found the problem, and it's a bit goofy so feel free to laugh at me....The wire leads on the sensor were wired in too far to the terminal so there was never any metal on metal contact. Re-wired with less tension and pulled back out of the module some and am good to go.

Thanks again to everyone who replied