Float Integer not displaying on Panelview without rounding

JZerb

I can't quite figure out what the issue is here. I read some things about floating point integers and rounding and I assume that's my issue but I'm not certain.

So I have a floating point integer and it's attached to a tag on the panelview. It's supposed to display, at least I thought, the number that's stored in that register on the numeric display on the panelview. But what I'm seeing is that it's only displaying whole numbers, even though I have it setup to display 2 decimal places. As an example, it won't read 1.25, only 1 or 2 and so on. What am I doing wrong?

"Floating Point Integer" is a bit of a contradiction in terms, because integers by definition are whole numbers like 1, 2, 3.

So let's figure out what sort of tag or data table address in the controller you need to display, and what model of PanelView you're using, and what type on onscreen object you are configuring.

You posted some questions a few weeks ago about PanelView 800 terminals and MicroLogix 1400 controllers. Is this the same project ?

If so, let's start with the MicroLogix data tables. Are you trying to display a 16-bit signed Integer (N) data table element, or a 32-bit Long signed integer (L) or a Floating Point (F) data table element ?

i apologize for not being clear with the OP.

i have a Floating Point element im trying to display on the HMI. PLC is a ML1400, HMI is a Panelview 800.

i have the tag in the HMI set to display F8:2 and have a Numeric Display on the Panelview to display what that element reads. whats happening is that its not displaying anything but whole numbers, and even when it does that its rounding.

i have also tried displaying the element on the Panelview via a Text box and inserting a Number variable inside of it, and it displays the same way.

You have to tell the numeric or text field on the PV how many digits to display in total, and how many after the decimal point.

i did, but perhaps it doesnt match whats showing in F8:2? example, i have it only set to show 2 decimal places but the number in F8:2 is showing 6. ill have to take a look at that.

it is. i changed the number of decimal places to show to 7 and number of digits to 10 and im still getting .0000000 on the HMI yet i have .1166667 in F8:2 on the PLC

Check the properties of the tag definition, not the control. Post a picture of the tag definition if you need but I bet you will see the problem there.

perhaps Bernie is onto something, but im not 100 sure. i have the properties set to 32 bit integer, which im now thinking is wrong. screenshots attached.

Display_Properties.jpg Tag_Properties.jpg Tag_Properties_2.jpg