Fn Keys Appear on WinCC RT Adv

Hi,

I am programming a WinCC RT Adv HMI for the operator workstation PC. The problem is that whenever I create a screen, a series of function keys also appear at the bottom [as attached]...How can I get rid of these Fn Keys ? Will they also appear on my final HMI screen ?

Thanks,

F keys.jpg

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, those are the function keys on the keyboard. They are not part of the HMI screen. I assume you have a keyboard as part of the HMI?

Each screen can use one of three sources for the function key logic, and this is displayed with a coloured triangle in the bottom left corner of the function key.

Global Screen - every screen will do the same thing when you press a key. I like putting a help dialogue on F1 (valve colour code, pipework colour code ...)

Local template - helps to keep a consistent theme to parameter screens, P&ID screens ect.

Screen - each screen can have specific actions associated to a key, i.e. move to next parameter screen.