FTView Historian SE security

Tutonka

I am currently trying to migrate a FTView Network Distributed Application to a group of new servers. On the new Historian server, I am unable to add tags. After talking with Rockwell Tech Support, we found in the PI System security for my local login only has PIEngineer/PI World access. I was able to reset the PIAdmin password and tried to connect to the Historian server in the System Management Console as piadmin, but it says that the server policy prevents that.

I am still unable to add tags to the system and need to understand how I can get my local windows login to be mapped as a FTHEngineer or PIadmin. Does anyone have any experience with Historian SE (version 8) and getting admin access? Is this something I messed up during the software install?

Help is greatly needed and appreciated.

Thank you

Mapping between Windows accounts and PI users can be done in PI System Management Tools:

In Security, Mappings & Trusts

In Mappings, add a new mapping - select the windows account and which PI account you want it to map to.

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately to change any mappings, i need piadmin access to change security mappings. I have tried to connect as piadmin from the PI Administration Console but get an error message that a server policy does not allow that login change.

One of the default PI trusts should be 127.0.0.1 as piadmin.

Are you on the local historian server when trying to connect?

Checking the logs from a freshly installed test/toy server, my initial PISMT connection was from an unmapped user, so a logged unsucessful login was guven for that account, but then it auto connected as piadmin via the !Proxy_127! trust.

Was the server secured by changing/deleting that trust?