FTview install

smichalo

Hello

I am looking to install FT View studio Machine Edition 6.10
I currently have 5.00 installed on the laptop. My question is should I uninstall 5.00 and then install 6.10 or can I just install over top of the other.

Thanks

Steve

If I remember correctly when you go to install 6.10 there will be an option to uninstall current installed version.

Hope this Helps

smichalo, I would recommend to use the Application Manager to Backup all of your previous project work before uninstalling ver 5. The new Ver.6 won't like opening or editing the previous files unless the Application Manager is allowed to Restore them to their proper places on your hard drive and in the windows registry. BD

I can give a definate answer: maybe.
I have upgrades go without a problem from 5 to 6.
I have upgrades (last week) totally messup.
Once it messes up you may end up reformatting the computer or spend countless hours reading tech notes and deleting parts of the registry.

Some tips:
Back up everything first.
Create a restore point on your computer first.