Funny Story

"A rat was fresh across the contractor holding it in causing it to run"

I've heard of big rats - but I surely do not want to see one that BIG -
or was he/she a super small contractor??

Dan Bentler

Small contactor just for a 30 amp load. These manufacturers use the cheapest stuff they can. The only switch 1 leg of a 240 system.
I still remember the first time working on a compressor that had 120 volts on it all the time. Makes you say a few choice works.

Oh yea Dan good news for you I just got an email that there is a company in Kuwait that has 2.5 million and they need me to help them get it into US funds. All I have to do is give them my bank account info and SS#. So in a week or so I should be able to send you a check.

I work at an older sawmill with a lot of open wire trays leading to PLC cabinets, we would have to burn down the place and start from scratch to seal all the holes. And mice, cats, ants come with the territory(plus deer across the road in the field, which a couple of our employees got in trouble for shooting at from the lumber stacker).

This isn't my first time with a rodent story. When I was in the Navy, on an aircraft carrier, a rat climbed into the main shore power transformer for half the piers on the base. Killed power for a couple of hours, and we had to run our emergency diesel generators till shore power was restored.

What sucked about that was it happen just prior to duty section change(I was off going). When we lost power the ship went into security alert and the oncoming duty section could not come aboard.

ITW CHEMTRONICS has great plastic safe board / flux cleaners. Newark Electronics (et. al)

Or CRC QD precision cleaner / refrigerant (flash point kind of low so you dont get a great rinse)

Make sure when cleaning you FULLY flush the board or you'll wash dirt to the card edge and there it will leave the residue and cause even more problems.

best to pull the card and wash the backplane

[email protected]
Acutally got back on topic but we will not let that distract us from a good tangent

RE differance between toilet paper and shower curtain
Jeff said no what is it

Eric said aha "It was you Jeff"

I will not repeat Erics experience with Jeff
and I for sure will NOT let Jeff use MY bathroom.

Dan Bentler

That is why those hotel always have rough shower curtains and smooth TP. We use plastic $1 curtains at the house so they can be tossed out after a few uses.