Furnas Micro PC/96

HamGuyK5QP

I am searching for information relating to the Furnas Micro PC/96 plc controller. I know that Furnas was bought out by another manufacturer and since that time support for the plc is nonexistant. The plc was originally in a commecial washer application and is still functional. From what I have found out it is probably the grandfather to modern plcs as they exist today...is there anyone out there that has any additional information relating to it. I would love to convert it to a new application or to at least have it as a ancient learning tool. I hate throw it away simply because it is old. I have had very little success in finding anything on the net and am hoping that some of the legacy techs out there have some additional information.....Thanks

Fellow ham

I know nothing what so ever about the Furnas product line, but since you use the name HamGuyK5QP I could not help introducing myself. I am WB4RZW Randy from Greensboro, NC. Welcome to the forum and 73's till next time.

Did you ever find any info on the your Furnas PLC? We are converting one over to an Automation Direct project and we are trying to make sense out of the insructions that we were able to read off the interface on the front of the PLC. I was able to find a manual that was close online at the Mitsubishi website.
http://www.meau.com/Files/JY992D88101-D.PDF

It would be even better if someone has access to a manual for the programming interface that we have so that we can make sure we are on the right track with what the rungs should look like.

I have not had any luck on the programing aspects for this PLC. The only information I have is regarding the system hook-up for an industrial laundry application. The eprom is programmed with that application and I do not have any other information regarding the interface or the software. I am impressed that you however have found related info from Mitsubishi as they were the buyer of the original Furnas product line. Essentially that was the foundation that they are today and its from that meager begginning that has developed to what they are today. The programming is straightforward though and uses the basic fundamental programming aspects that are typical with the legacy devices. When experimenting with the PC-96 the eprom is the heart of the device and providing you can find a supplier or an equivilent chip design it should be very economical to burn and run chips with a standard eprom burner. To reverse engineer the progamming is the difficult part and I do not have any info relating to how to do that however using the output and input leds as a guide it should be possible to map the characteristics of an existing device but how effective that would be twords progamming is anybodys guess. I found one fellow in San Diego that had an electric motor shop that had the software and interface to program the PC-96 but he made several comments on the expense of the software and from that I surmised that his efforts were for a price. That was over 10yrs ago and by now that software is definately outdated for most practical applications and should be readily available providing you know what your looking for. And in that I too have no clue as to the perticulars for the software. I will review the pdf file that you referenced and see if it has anything of practical value relating to the PC-96 and if so I will add more to this thread.

I have a programmer that is labeled FURNAS, It is identical
to the Mitsubishi F Series PLC programmer that mounts on the
front of the F series brick type PLC.

I will have to dig the thing out and take a closer look at it.

I had several in use in 96, and probably more then a dozen new on the shelf in the boxes. I didn't get to take any documentation when I left, and I am cerain they are all still setting on the shelf. No one else would touch them. They worked okay. I used them and D-100's (C-H) on projects that had no budget. Otherwise I used Micro 90's or 9030's.

I will try to find a friendly face there and see what i can get out of them. As I recall, the programming software was simple. It was on the old 386 laptop.

It will take a while (read LONG TIME) to find out anything, but will advise when I do.

Do a search for Ham Radio, I did a thread a while back, and a lot of hams checked in with their callsigns. Quite a few others out there, who did not want to be known, possibly becuase it is so easy to trace them through QRZ.com.

Welcome to thr group.

casey

Furnas

Hi I am Bryan,
I am interesting in buying the 96km40aa plc and the linker.

Rgds
Bryan

kc9ih said:
I had several in use in 96, and probably more then a dozen new on the shelf in the boxes. I didn't get to take any documentation when I left, and I am cerain they are all still setting on the shelf. No one else would touch them. They worked okay. I used them and D-100's (C-H) on projects that had no budget. Otherwise I used Micro 90's or 9030's.

I will try to find a friendly face there and see what i can get out of them. As I recall, the programming software was simple. It was on the old 386 laptop.

It will take a while (read LONG TIME) to find out anything, but will advise when I do.

Do a search for Ham Radio, I did a thread a while back, and a lot of hams checked in with their callsigns. Quite a few others out there, who did not want to be known, possibly becuase it is so easy to trace them through QRZ.com.

Welcome to thr group.

casey

CaseyK said:

Welcome to thr group.

casey
I am looking for a Furnas 96KN40AA also.

Lawrence Mayhew