Ge fanuc versamax micro

telus

I have no experience with GE fanuc. I need to upload a program from Versa max Micro PLC. I have ge pro 2.04 installed on laptop I dont now what else I need like which cable and steps to connect. Thanks

Do you realize that the program you upload from the pLC won't have any rung comments or variable names? All you'll have is a listing of the ladder logic with the PLC addresses.

Does the laptop with VersaPro havea real serial port or will you be using a USB/serial adapter? Which model VersaMax Micro? The 14-point models have a single serial port with an RJ45 connector. The 23 and 28-point units have the RJ45 port plus a 15-pin Dsub port which is RS485.

Plus the 20, 40, and 64 point units have a port 2 that could be RJ-45 Ethernet, RS-232, RS-485, or USB. :)

Thanks, I am using USB to serial. My laptop has no serial. PLC is Versamax Micro # IC200UDR005-BG and Versamax DP # IC200DTX450-BC connected through RJ-45. I I tried to connect internet cable to RJ45 to RJ45 on laptop. didnt work

Last edited:
You should get the cable IC200CBL500, it has an RJ45 connector on one end and a 9 pin D-shell on the other.
You should get the newer programming software also, Proficy Machine Edition. There is a version for the Micro PLCs that is very economical.

IC200CBL500.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to connect internet cable to RJ45 to RJ45 on laptop. didnt work
There was no reason to expect it would. The port on the PLC is RS232, not ethernet. RJ45 only describes the physical details of the connector, not the electrical characteristics or the details of the signals carried on each wire.

The cable you'll need is part number IC200CBL500. The details required to make your own can be found in the manual GFK-1645. All I can say about the USB/serial converter is to wish you good luck. Some converters work well, others don't.

Edit: I see Russ beat me to it.

Thanks Russ and steave, Could you suggest me what software I need to upload program. :site:I have versapro 2.0

VersaMax versus 90-30

What are the major difference between VersaMax and series 90-30?- Costwise and capability wise.
My application is environmental wastewater treatment system. Got about 100 Inputs and 50 ouputs. I do not think we need any special high speed counters/ motion control. The most fancy thing we need is a PID control for speec control of pumps.

I want a good reliable system, with ethernet connectivity for remote monitoring.

thanks
karthik

The 90-30 is an older platform. There are more specialty modules available for it than is the case for the Versa Max.

The Versa Max is available in either "brick" form factor with expansion modules or in a more traditional modular form factor. Versa Max I/O drops can be located close the physical I/O devices and connected back to the PLC via any of several network protocols like Profibus, Device Net, or ethernet.

You should also take a look at the Rx3i platform, especially if there is a need for any kind of redundancy such as a hot backup processor for bumpless transfer in case the primary CPU fails.