GE logicmaster 90 software

bdoutney

Lifetime Supporting Member
Series 90-70 Ver 7.02 with remote I/O Genius blocks.
we are reducing a newspaper plant from 10 presses to 3, but the 3 will each have another press stacked on top of them.
So there is a lot of rewiring and program editing going on.
there are 2 PLC per press, one for the motor drives and HMI and the other for the remote I/O all on a serial bus.
My problem is I added a rung with an output %Q00181 that is using a spare output on a genius block and it will not show in the ladder logic the reference description I labeled it in the variable declaration table. It just shows %Q00181 which is what happens when there is no reference in the VD table. I have edited or added many other rungs and they are fine. This is the first time I have worked with this software and am at a loss.

With Logicmaster there are separate variable declaration tables for the _MAIN program block and every subroutine block. If a variable is listed in both the _MAIN and a subroutine's declarations table, Logicmaster will display the description from the _MAIN declarations table when you are viewing the _MAIN block and from the subroutine's declarations table when you are viewing the subroutine.

Check to see if the %Q address shows up in multiple declarations tables and if it does, delete it from all of the subroutine declarations tables. If if appears in the _MAIN declarations table only, the description will show up globally.

Your right. Thank you. We have also removed several Genius blocks and deleted logic that referred to them. The only thing I can't edit is the HMI ( Interrogator program ) I can't power up for a week or so yet and was wondering if the spaces in what used to be consecutive numbering order of the Genius blocks will be a problem?

It shouldn't cause any problems. If you don't remove them from the bus controller configuration, you'll get "Loss of block" faults in the fault table when you power up. There is no requirement that blocks be numbered consecutively.

I realize that newspapers are on the way out to pasture along with the buggy and buggy whip. However you may want to look into converting the system over time to RX3i and Profinet as the 90-70 and Genius are getting ready to join those others in the halls of History.