GE PACs/9030

BigJon1023

I am looking to convert some old 9030s to PACs. It is my understanding that the 9030 parts Modules will work on the PACs. Is the Logic easy to move?

I am very new to GE stuff but if I remember correctly from my training the 90-30 code should convert so you can open it in the newer Proficy ME software. You can then change the processor to a RX3i or whatever you are using. You should be able to download your old code.

The bigger issue is do you want to do that. Since the PAC's can use Tag Name Addresses you might want to re-write the program to take advantage of the new platform.

Be careful. Some 90-30 modules will not work with the Rx3i.
Look for the Rx3i systems manual (GFK-2314) on the GE community site. It has a list of 90-30 modules that will and will not work.

If you have 90-30 modules that use isolated 24Vdc, you have to supply the universal backplane (Rack 0) with 24Vdc. There is a terminal strip on the left side of the backplane. +24Vdc goes to terminal 7 and 0Vdc goes to terminal 8.
Details of the backplane are also in the GFK-2314 manual.
Expansion racks and remote racks still supply the isolated 24Vdc.

Be careful. Some 90-30 modules will not work with the Rx3i.
Look for the Rx3i systems manual (GFK-2314) on the GE community site. It has a list of 90-30 modules that will and will not work.

If you have 90-30 modules that use isolated 24Vdc, you have to supply the universal backplane (Rack 0) with 24Vdc. There is a terminal strip on the left side of the backplane. +24Vdc goes to terminal 7 and 0Vdc goes to terminal 8.
Details of the backplane are also in the GFK-2314 manual.
Expansion racks and remote racks still supply the isolated 24Vdc.
Good points, read the manuals!

Also if you have Proficy ME or a demo of it you can Import or Restore the 90-30 Project and convert it. Then view the 'Report' for details of what does or does not 'Auto convert'.

Or load your backup here and someone will generate the Report for you. It takes less than a minute in most cases.