GE Series One, Three, Six

aBritabroad

Now that you've stopped laughing, I need to get hold of a copy of Logicmaster 3.
I have a Workmaster computer with the Logicmaster 6 for the series 6 units we have, I can use Directsoft for some old Series 1 units, (but would prefer Logicmaster 1) but I am completely up sh*t creek as regards the Series 3.
If GE still sold the software I would gladly buy it, but since this is not an option I'm open to suggestions.
BTW, please don't suggest a cassette tape backup, as I don't have a spare unit to restore it to in order to verify the cassette.

Many thanks in advance.

That's the only GE Fanuc software that I do not have. I used it once, or tried to anyway. It was so buggy that I tossed it and never tried again. It would be worth the effort to upgrade to "ANY" other PLC.
It sounds like you only have one.
BTW, the HHP will "Verify" your tape backup so IMO this is a valid option.

I'll second what Russ said about Logicmaster Three being buggy. In fact, it was so buggy that GE withdrew it from the marketplace rather than devote any resources to fixing it. The Series Three never had much of a market.

My advice would be to use the attached programmer and transcribe the Series Three program by hand. Then translate it to run on something current. Even if you succeed in locating a copy of Logicmaster Three, you'll be disappointed with it. I keep a Workmaster II computer with LM1, LM5, and LM6 and I've never had to decline an opportunity because of my lack of LM3. I see more Series One Juniors than Series Threes. Most of the Series Three components I see are gathering dust in a dark corner of the storeroom.

If you absolutely, positively have to have something to program the Series Three other than the built-in programmer, your time will be better spent searching for a portable programmer unit (IC610PRG110) with the Series Three program pack (IC610PRG117) and Series Three cable (IC610CBL117).

Last edited:
The tape backups are unreliable. A) keep up to date on the battery, B) get a spare programmer/cpu.

If your in need I have one programmer & 2 power supplies for the series 3.

Other then that I would follow through with Steve's suggestion and very carefully document the program, instruction by instruction then transpose it for use with another PLC. (plan ahead for the inevitable). If you have tape backups it's likely that there will be some missplaced instructions that will need to be corrected after playing the tape back to the CPU. In this case the paper documented program will become necessary. In the mean time get to work on replacing the Series 3.