GE Versamax CPUE05 changing IP address...

timothy585

Supporting Member
I'm running ME 9.8 and I can get online with my Versamax processor via ethernet just fine. But for the life of me, I can't change the IP address.

I click on the TARGET and the INSPECTOR window shows all the relevant controller info, but when I toggle from MONITOR mode to PROGRAMMER mode, the IP Address box, along with most of the other INSPECTOR information remains grayed out and I can't modify anything.

Using Station Manager, the CHSOSW ip_address command does work, but there must be a way to change the IP address from within ME 9.8? What step am I missing?

Thanks,
Tim

The IP address that shows in the properties window is what Proficy is trying to communicate with, which is not necessarily the actual IP address in the PLC.
You set the PLC's IP Address in hardware configuration and then download the modified configuration to the PLC. After the download you will lose communications and will need to change the setting in the properties window to match what you just downloaded.

There it is...under Hardware Config/Main Rack/Slot 0.

Right-click config and change the IP under the Ethernet tab, then download only the hardware configuration.

Thanks Steve. I knew it had to be somewhere in there, I was just tunneling down in the wrong place. Appreciate it!