General Machine Safety

From what i see, Although certain companies are catching up, some are taking strides to implement more safety into their designing but it takes a while.
I work directly with companies in S.Korea, Japan, and taiwan.
We deal with machine manufactures from italy and germany too, those are much more in line with what seems to have had a risk assessment done.

.....and people wonder why “Made in USA” items cost more than foreign made items.

Some people will never honestly address this issue.

This is stronger than me :) Sorry :)

I always thought that items with "Made in USA" sticker are more expensive because you need to buy special tools for maintenance, pay additional money for converting all documents to metric units, translate drawings to IEC, convert to 400V50Hz, and pay hefty sum for yearly support even during guarantee period. :whistle:

This is stronger than me :) Sorry :)

I always thought that items with "Made in USA" sticker are more expensive because you need to buy special tools for maintenance, pay additional money for converting all documents to metric units, translate drawings to IEC, convert to 400V50Hz, and pay hefty sum for yearly support even during guarantee period. :whistle:

As a USA citizen, I was referring to why products made in the USA tend to be more expensive than those made in 3rd world countries.

This is because higher safety standards are required for USA workers and often idiotic environmental rules are in place that are not used in 3rd world countries.

As a USA citizen, I was referring to why products made in the USA tend to be more expensive than those made in 3rd world countries.

This is because higher safety standards are required for USA workers and often idiotic environmental rules are in place that are not used in 3rd world countries.

Certainly, I have understood your previous post. I was just trying to make joke, because most of the world is quite standardized and US insists on old standards and makes it's product less competitive.
There was no bad intention.

Certainly, I have understood your previous post. I was just trying to make joke, because most of the world is quite standardized and US insists on old standards and makes it's product less competitive.
There was no bad intention.

No worries. I agree with many of the international standards but the IEC drawing format is awful compared to a GM or Ford Motor’s format.

Have a great day.