GP-PRO/PBIII and Modbus+

raywins

I'm replacing an old OIT with a Pro-Face GP2600T. It will connect to a Modicon Quantum using Modbus+. The existing Uticor uWin program uses bit addressing of Modicon 4nnnn registers to change screen indicators, etc. I've been given GP-PRO/PBIII C-Package03 to develop the screens and have just found out zyou cannot address to the bit level in Modbus+ in this s/w. Pro-Face, Japan has no plans to fix this in the Modbus+ driver.

Has anyone run into this problem and come up with a solution? I don't want to use DScript to map 4nnnn registers to LS memory, and the code in the PLC works and I'd like it to stay that way. I don't want to move 4nnnnn to input and output bits so I can monitor/change them in GP-PRO/PBIII.

It's been suggested that I change over to Pro-Face's newer HMI s/w, Pro-Designer. It looks a lot easier to use, is tag oriented, but I'm not sure it has a Modbus+ driver and if *IT* can address 4nnnn registers at the bit level. Anyone have experience with this package?

Any suggestions/help greatly appreciated.