Hart 475 status code question

mattri

Hope this is ok to post, it is PLC related anyway.

Have a 475 hooed up to an Emerson 3144 Temp Transmitter.

The 475 recognizes the device but says:

2 non 0 status codes

1) configuration changed

2) sensor 1 open

I'm guessing this is indicating an open fault in the device?

It's not a fault in the transmitter. It's a sensor fault. They're two different things.

The transmitter is reporting an open circuit for the sensor that connects to the transmitter's input.

An open-circuited sensor can't be read by the transmitter.

Or, it could be that someone reconfigured the sensor from Thermocouple to RTD or vice versa and the wiring for the 'wrong' sensor makes it appear that there's an open circuit on the input.