Heidenhain EnDat

James Ross

Hi

What are the rules for choosing a heidenhain EnDat encoder?

I have a broken encoder on my Baumuller servo motor need to be replaced, Apparently the encoder model is outdated (ECN 1313), and you could not find it in the market, Somebody told me you need to find an ECN 1313 with the same ID Nr and with the same secret code next to the model like G5 or V1 ...

Any idea?
Is there any new model of EnDat can be replaced with an old one, and what is the rules for choosing a right one to replace?

Best regards
James

Generally when you get a servo encoder changed it needs to be calibrated to the motor rotor, which can involve some special equipment to get the phasing correct.

Alan.

Thanks Alan
I have the PWM 21, the Heidenhain tool for programming and diagnosing EnDat encoders, And I have enough experience in phasing servo motors.
But for now my problem is something else.
I need to know if new models of EnDat encoders could be replaced with old one?
Thanks anyway
James.