Hello, new here nice forum. need experienced help

Yes.

If you need help with connecting and wiring AC relays. I would suggest getting someone to help you with the hands on, AC can be dangerous.

Trust me i know. That's why i'm very worried i might mess something up. i figure i just may be better off to purchase the DC Micro 1000. It would be the easier road to take. Would anyone here have one for sale just in case? because i really don't have anyone to help me hands on.

In the real world, you pick a PLC that goes along with what input voltages your devices are. If you have multiple voltages, you use multiple inputs cards. If you just have a few inputs that are the "wrong" voltage or are using a PLC that doesn't allow addon cards, you use physical relays.

Thanks. It's the most logical. I figured relays would still be used for odd-ball cases and scenarios. Well what sucks is i had this guy who sold me the trainer from plc-trainer.net wire it specific to the Micro 1500 DC. I hooked it up perfect and had all the lights I/O working, responding. But then realized the cost of rslogix. geeze.

Ok well would i be able to just hook it up the same way on the MicroLogix 1000 1761-L16BWB as the 1764-28BXB? Shoulde be DC-DC and DC common. right? If so ill return my AC micro 1000 and buy the 1761-L16BWB. By the way. Thanks for all your help guys!

Wiring it up isn't hard, IMO its best to forget you are wiring up a PLC and think of it as a light switch and a light bulb for a lamp.

In the case of your PLC OUTPUTS, your PLC is the switch. The "ACDC0" labeled terminal is one screw of your light switch, the "OUT0" is the other screw. So you take incoming power (in your case the 24+ of the DC power supply) and go to the incoming side of your switch (ACDC0). You then wire the power coming out of your switch (OUT0) to your light. The common on your light will go back to DC- on your power supply to complete the circuit. It is EXACTLY the same as wiring up a lamp in your house, except that instead of physically pressing a button to operate the switch, the PLC does it with software and you are using DC voltage instead of AC. Also, since you have relay outputs which behaves exactly like a mechanical light switch instead of transistors, the line voltage does not matter.

For your inputs, its the same analogy, but instead of your PLC being the switch, your PLC is the Lamp. You take incoming power (the hot leg of your AC) to one screw on your switch. You then take the outcoming power (the other screw on your switch) and go to the input screw on your LAMP/PLC. You have to complete the circuit, so your tie the neutral to the COMMON on your Lamp/PLC. This doesn't not work however if you use 24VDC power with a 120VAC light bulb, which is why voltage matters for your PLC inputs!

Also would just like to say this is a good learning experience for you. I gave people that just graduated from taking PLC classes i micrologix1100 and told them to do a simple project and they were completely lost. The classes they took taught them how to "program" not but wire it up and/or get online with it.

Also would just like to say this is a good learning experience for you. I gave people that just graduated from taking PLC classes i micrologix1100 and told them to do a simple project and they were completely lost. The classes they took taught them how to "program" not but wire it up and/or get online with it.
Sounds like a good experience. Just a little afraid off electrocuting myself. Should i give it a try? I mean if i was to go ahead with using what i have. i would need some guidance from someone here with knowledge practically step-by-step as far as wiring. Or i could go the easy route for now and save that for later. Although i love a good learning experience.

Sounds like a good experience. Just a little afraid off electrocuting myself. Should i give it a try? I mean if i was to go ahead with using what i have. i would need some guidance from someone here with knowledge practically step-by-step as far as wiring. Or i could go the easy route for now and save that for later. Although i love a good learning experience.

I would take it one set at a time, and be very careful. Unplug everything while you are doing wiring. I would start by hooking up your 120V power to your PLC (as shown in the user manual from AB's literature library) and power it on. Once you get power, try to get online with RSLogix500 and check things out. Once you are ready for the wiring, read over the diagrams in the user manual, unplug everything, and wire up 1 input as shown in the user manual. Make sure all your wiring looks good and there are no loose or exposed wires that can electrocute you or short out. Plug everything back up, press the input button and watch the input light up.

After you get in input working, unplug the system and wire power to your 24V Power supply. Then wire up 1 output (Out0) like i said earlier. Plug everything back up, then get online with your PLC and toggle O:0/0 to 1 and watch your light come on!

The only way to learn is to do it! However, if you are not comfortable, I'd find someone with a little more experience to guide you and make sure you are safe.

ok is this how it would be done normally in real world? or would it be planned to be used DC to DC or AC or AC?

depends who spec'd the system i have had to use interposing relays to convert ac to dc and vice versa, because someone ordered the wrong model or half ac devices and half dc. it will be a good learning experience regardless.

oh and follow helliana's advice and take it slow and be thourough