Help with an MVI56 MNET module

theback40

Hey all, new user here.

I'll be on here and there, but this time I could use some help. I have an MVI56MNET Modbus module and ControlLogix processor (Logix 5572) in a 10-slot rack.

My question is, the user guide for the MNET card is real good at explaining how to configure it, so overall I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. This is the first time I've used this particular module:

If I want to move a single boolean value to the card for "viewing" over Modbus, I can write it to this address (for example)

MNET.DATA.WriteData[10].0

Now, how do I know which Modbus address corresponds to this? I see that I can set a Register Start address, but am unsure how to proceed.

And to move an INT, I can MOV it to (for example)

MNET.DATA.WriteData[20]

but I'm wondering, since I have REAL numbers and don't see how to configure the card to accept this data type, is it gonna puke when I give it an INT or will it round it off for me? (I would think it would eliminate the decimal automatically).

Thanks all, I don't have the hardware in front of me to play with, otherwise I'd try and figure it out on my own. Any help is greatly appreciated!