Help with Bachmann CanBus

Newtonj

Configuration: Base Unit is a MPC240 with various IO modules one being a CM202 canbus module that needs to communicate with the ME203/CN.

The problem is that the me203 will not find the DCF files no matter were I place them. The me203 boots to /pcc0 and I have placed the DCF files in the /APP, /APP/CAN, and at the root /pcc0. Since ME203 doesn't find the DCF files it autoconfigures as a Slave on node0. This would be fine but the solution center requires the nodes to be between 1 and 64. I need the me203 to be node1.

Last edited:
My understanding (which is not much)is that the EDS files are used by the solution center along with the all the configuation settings to create the dcf files. According to the manual the the master (CM202) must have all the dcf files for all nodes on the network located in the /apps directory. The slave (ME203) must have its own dcf file located in the /apps directory. I have done this and I get this error:

E:COP_NMT: Net 1, no DCF-file found, start with default configuration!

I am perplexed at why the me203 will not find the dcf file.