Help with LogixPro

Bananas

I am working with logixpro for the first time, I have done some simple tutorials, and assignments to try and familiarize my self with the program. I am currently working on a exercise, and I am stuck, and unsure what I need to do.

The exercise requires using one push button and only relay logic to control two lights as follow:

Start condition Lamp 1 Off Lamp 2 Off
1st press and release Lamp 1 On Lamp 2 Off
2nd press and release Lamp 1 Off Lamp 2 On
3rd press and release Lamp 1 On Lamp 2 On
4th press and release Lamp 1 Off Lamp 2 Off cycle will repeat at 1st press and release

I have attached a image of what I have done so far, by following a tutorial I found online, I just don't no how to continue from this point. I am unsure how to add the 2nd light. Any help would be appreciated.

LP.jpg

Good, you have made a start by using alternator (toggle) logic. That seems relevant to this problem. Now you just need to figure out how to use the same type of toggle for the second light. I will try to come up with something for that. In the meantime, in case I don't succeed, keep working!

Here is a first suggestion. How about substituting a Flag Relay B3:0/2 in place of your current O:2/1? Now you could use a XIC B3:0/2 contact to turn on O:2/0 in a new rung, and XIO B3:0/5 in another rung to turn on the 2nd light O:2/1.

The key is to create a 2nd Alternator, but use XIO of the first alternator as a trigger for the 2nd Alternator. Here is how the first 4 rungs would look for the two alternators. I am sure you can figure out how to add the two rungs for the 2 light outputs.

Another good method would be to use a Counter, and count from 0 to 5. When Count = 1, do Step 1, and so on. After Step 4 when Counter DN is ON, use that to reset the Counter to 0 and start over. Using a counter and 4 EQU comparison instructions, you can do this program with 5 rungs instead of 7.

Light Sequence- Bananas.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the help Lancie1, I added the 2 light output rungs, and it is working now, I will also try it using the counter method as you suggested, it will be good practice for me. Once again thank you for the help.

I enjoyed working on that problem. The first alternator switches On-Off 2 times while the 2nd cascaded alternator switches Off-On 1 time.
:site: