Help with pending in house built bag handle punch unit

HJTRBO

Hey all,

I'm no engineer or controls expert, however I have a servo, drive, cable and software that we want to use to make a bag handle punch unit for one of our Wicketers.

I have a question about how I should fire the servo to do one revoloution. (Punching the handle via a cam follower and die). Unfortunately the AB PLC controlling the machine is OEM locked so I can't get inside so I ave to fire it externally. I was thinking of using the seal head home sensor, how ever we have that signal on another unit on another machine and obviously we are limited to what speed we run. So I need to artificially create some type of feed forward to advance the firing signal depending on line speed.

The machine cycle is - accelerate - constant speed - decelerate to stop - stop for half a second / seal and cut (this is where the handle punch would punch the hole) - repeat cycle.

Sorry for been so long winded. The servo package is from control techniques. It does have I/O and ethernet comms cards attached the servo drive that I can re use, and I can interface something with the Siemens PLC's and HMI's that I use here on site.

I appreciate any help on direction.

Cheers, Nathan