Help with Proximity Sensor in ladder logic.

wagneabbs

Newbie here - I'm working on a project for a class and experiencing problems with getting my proximity sensor to activate a solenoid.

I'm using a DL06 koyo PLC. I've already tested this with a normal light switch and when I programmed everything (using ladder logic) I was able to get the light switch to activate the solenoid. Now when I hook up the proximity sensor, I can see the proximity sensor is on, but when I program it in ladder logic, nothing happens.

Proximity switch wiring:
Black: input on plc
Blue: 0v -
Brown: 24v +

If I get lucky and receive some replies, I can also attach a rough wiring diagram to help with explaining this.

sRBV7ZS

Hello Liam, I am using an PNP sensor. I have attached a photo of my current wiring diagram (hopefully it loads). I have power going the PNP currently - I can see a light turn on/off when I wave my hand in front of it. Just can't get it to send a signal through the PLC.

As I see it you have an AC mains input connected to Input X1. What voltage is this? The inputs are in groups of 4, each with a common. C0 seems to be the common for X0,X1,X2 and X3. The maximum voltage on these should be 24V.

The wire feeding your switch (marked PLCAC(L)) should be connected to the 24V not the PLC supply. If this PLC supply voltage is 130v the input will be damaged if the switch is turned on. Once this is corrected the 0V should be connected to C0 which is the reference for the inputs.