HMI & Credit Card Readers

kxc260

I am looking into combining a Credit Card Reader with HMI/PLC software. I am attempting to turn the HMI/PLC software in Point Of Sale (POS) software so that it can be used to display menu options on a touch screen and accept cc payment. This is for automating a machine for retail purposes like a fancy vending machine.

Thx

Because not reinventing the wheel? OP haven't given much detail on what the purpose of PLC is. There are plenty of POS system already done in various mobile OS. Just buy a cheap tablet and interface with a product retrieval system. Done.

Yes that's what I was trying to say.

I would not recommend this if it was going in an industrial setup, but it's not, safety isn't critical (nothing to crush and dismember people). So I would get a raspberry pi2 for that. Throw linux at it and use one of the many existing POS software, plug a card reader to USB or serial.

Touch screens monitors are getting really cheap and pi foundation even has an offical 7" touch screen for dirt cheap if size suits you. So logic controller and touch for under 100$. Can't go wrong with that for non industrial settings.

Now, if OP already has the PLC/HMI, or client calls for it, then I step down and I will let someone who has card reader experience help OP.