HMI options for AD Productivity PLC

durallymax

Lifetime Supporting Member
Are there any HMIs besides C-More that offer a driver for the Automation Direct Productivity series PLCs? Running into some issues with C-More and if we can't resolve them, need to find an alternative but due to tag quantity, prefer not to map through modbus. Headless options would be a plus as these would be replacing headless units.

Are there any HMIs besides C-More that offer a driver for the Automation Direct Productivity series PLCs? Running into some issues with C-More and if we can't resolve them, need to find an alternative but due to tag quantity, prefer not to map through modbus. Headless options would be a plus as these would be replacing headless units.

I'd like to hear the issues with the cmore if you would?? Is it an RHMI or just an EA9, or one of the new CM5's. We use a decent amount of cmores and just curious if there is an issue we may run into in the future. Thanks.

I'd like to hear the issues with the cmore if you would?? Is it an RHMI or just an EA9, or one of the new CM5's. We use a decent amount of cmores and just curious if there is an issue we may run into in the future. Thanks.

Crippling lag on the RHMI to the point they are not useable. Possibly due to the design of our programs incorporating a large overview on a large screen with pop-ups for more detailed information. Unable to find a resolution yet and have replicated with multiple PLCs and multiple RHMIs. No issue between screen and RHMI, internal tags are fast. Lag has always been an issue with the RHMI in my experience, but these have 5-10sec delays between button presses. Moved project to a CM5 (no RHMI option but had a CM5 available) and issue persisted.

Have wanted something that is faster to develop in for awhile, C-Mores lack of a Find/Replace feature being the biggest burden.

I just finished a project with P1000 P1-550 and Weintek cmt3102x

Weintek has been on my radar but the last time I talked with them, EasyBuilder did not have a handy driver. Just checked again and it looks like it's usable. Have to assign modbus addresses, but tag names are usable in HMI program according to the document I found on their site. Did you find the process relatively easy throughout the development process?

I was recently handed a project that had a AD Productivity P1-540 plc and a C-More 9". I tossed out the PLC program and started over. The customer wanted alot more on the HMI, including some graphics. The C-More resolution was going to limit what we could do that would look good, plus I have never liked C-Mores due to their mushy, bubbled out, cheap touch area.

So, we went with a Weintek, cMT3162X HMI, 15.6" . I didn't have any issue with the driver, worked first time I tried it. Having to create Modbus registers for the tags was a little bit of a pain and had to be a little more careful with the 16 bit/32 bit registers. I set it up with Easy Access for remote viewing. The customer is well pleased.

I've also used the Weintek headless HMI, with Easy Access and it was easy to set up and works well.

Weintek is my "go to" for HMI's. IMO they are higher quality and have more functionality. Plus, they are lower price than C-More.

I have had success with Maple Systems - PN: HMI5070Bv3 which I believe is the same as Weintek. Maple Systems tech support was good.

the weintek driver is uses modbus. you have to assign modbus registers to the tags you want to read and write. you can export tags and import into easybuilder so that you can select via tagname. the only thing that i have found is that if you are using bits of words for statuses for example, you will have to manually create the tags in easybuilder. the export if the plc project and then import into easybuilder does not pick this up

the weintek driver is uses modbus. you have to assign modbus registers to the tags you want to read and write. you can export tags and import into easybuilder so that you can select via tagname. the only thing that i have found is that if you are using bits of words for statuses for example, you will have to manually create the tags in easybuilder. the export if the plc project and then import into easybuilder does not pick this up

C-More requires manual creation of bit of word tags as well.

After playing with it, kind of a pain to assign modbus addresses with heavy use of nested UDS, but doable.

C-More requires manual creation of bit of word tags as well.

After playing with it, kind of a pain to assign modbus addresses with heavy use of nested UDS, but doable.

I had originally started down the path of creating an array of 16bit words for the HMI to read/write to/from. That quickly became a pain and I instead switched my thinking to just creating the UDS (many nested UDS also). I then go in and assign modbus addresses trying to be sure and put them in an order that would make sense to allow the HMI to read as many as practical in one command.

Here is a screen shot of an example UDS for a system.

ExampleUDSmodbus.PNG