Honeywell ML200 power module failure

DSY123

I am using ML200 plc in my project for automation,i found power module of my PLC fails very frequently i am in search of reason of failure.i have point out few reason given below please suggest me which one is relevant.

1) Dust which cause over heating.
2) Missing earthing to power module
3) Power fluctuation ( But i am using UPS power).

please also suggest if any reason other then above mentioned can be root cause.

Please help me .....

Can you tell us a little more about this "power module"? Model no. part no. brand?

The power used to power this module, is it also used to power outputs? Do you have surge protection on inductive loads?

1) Dust which cause over heating.

Any thing that causes overheating, like unventilated enclosures whose components create more heat than can be dissipated by the surface area of the box.

Some power supplies are designed to be mounted in one attitude, so that convection air currents can cool the power supply, if mounted the 'wrong' way, then there's little or no convection cooling. Or if the ventilating grill is covered by an I&M manual someone tossed into the panel.

If these are the AC power supplies, I remember they used to be very susceptible to noisy power. We had a Honeywell tech come out and solder a bunch of black magic to them and the problem went away. We were using a 24V DC to 240V AC convertor which would sometimes spike to 370V.