Horner XL7 PLC and Eaton MMX VFD Control signal issue.

A17G

Hello, I’m new to this forum and if I’m posting incorrectly let me know. I’ve been having an issue I can’t seem to figure out. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m missing.

I’m trying to run an Eaton MMX VFD with an Analog 4-20ma output and Digital out from a Horner XL7. I can start the VFD/pump with no problem with the DO controlling a relay that closes contact to start it. But when I do that my 4-20ma signal immediately drops to 0ma even though it reads what I’m outputing when not starting the vfd. I think maybe it’s grounding issue but can’t seem to figure it out. All parameters are correct on the vfd. It works if I source the 4-20ma signal with a meter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A little bit more info will help a lot.
The XL7 analog can be configured for Current or Voltage using the built in configuration via software (cScape).
How is the VFD wired & setup?
How is the XL7 wired and setup?