Housekeeping Program for SLC 500

quynhphuong83

Hi, i am doing my internship. My subject is to write some programs for different PLC included SLC 500.
I start with HouseKeeping Program with RSLogix 500.
I dont know how to proceed first. What I have to do.
There are some additional inforamtions:
Housekeeping have to perform these tasks:
Digital Input and Filter
Analogue scaling and setpoint
Alarm
Batch
If some one have an example of this kind of things. It will help me alot.
Thanx for answering me asap.

All of your tasks are possible, however, it would be nice to know what kind of process or machine your task has you programming for. You could just make up some things, like scaling factors and such. Without a specific goal of operating some kind of item or process, your efforts will be much more difficult. Most often, there is a fair amount of paper work required before beginning to write programming code. This is the thought process, writing code is mostly just transcribing your thoughts into something the PLC can understand. Don't try sitting in front of the computer at the keyboard and program out of your head. This approach leads to much frustration, and is hard on the computer equipment.(Banging keyboards, and other hardware)