How many power flex drives on ethernet?

scalelar

How many power flex 40 drives can you run off one 1756/ENBT card
without any significant performance hits?
I've searched this site as well as google but didn't find anything. I'd also like to know how yoy found the info too.

EtherNet/IP capacity is fairly straightforward to calculate, but RA makes a pretty good 'EtherNet/IP Capacity Tool' that you can plug in various I/O devices and different CPUs and get an estimate of how hard the controller and Ethernet interface will be working.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/solutions/integratedarchitecture/resources3.html

One important thing about using PowerFlex 40 series drives is not to waste bandwidth going too fast; the DSI interface is much slower than the DPI interface used on the 7-series. A PowerFlex 40 drive takes about 70 milliseconds to accept a command and deliver a status reply, so my default RPI is 35 milliseconds for those drives.