how to connect another cp 340

harrydeharry

Its good to feel that you people are out there to help us all in problems,
Thanks to internet.
Dear All S7 gurus - we have couple two part of machines one built on seimens(318-2DP) with wincc and other on mitsubishi and in mitshu we can not capture alarm history so we want to sent all error bits to seimens through RS 232 from mitsu and then we can capture alarms at wincc with our existing system.

----??- should i use one CP 340 for this? if yes how? as one is already installed their for some printer applicatin. is their any other way?

Thanks in advance :confused:

Yes you can install several CP modules in the same S7-300 rack.

When you program the blocks for sending data vie the modules, you distinguish between the modules by passing the parameter BGADR to the blocks. BGADR is the I/O address as you can see it in the hardware configuration - in hex.

For example, if it says "256" in the HW Configuration for one of the CP modules, you specify BGADR=100 for the FC blocks for that module.

I notice just now that what you want to achieve is to get alarms from Mitsi into WinCC.
I think that the most direct approach is to connect WinCC to Mitsi via an appropriate OPC Server.

To use a CP340 for this approach is much more complicated and expensive.

JesperMP said:
I notice just now that what you want to achieve is to get alarms from Mitsi into WinCC.
I think that the most direct approach is to connect WinCC to Mitsi via an appropriate OPC Server.

To use a CP340 for this approach is much more complicated and expensive.
Thanks for your attantin,
I don't know about OPC would you guide me how to start as i have the below said configeration, winCC V4.02, and PLC 318-2dp and simatic 5.2 installed and mitubishi PLC FX3U-128M connected to a touch panel with RS232 both plc communicating through hard wired I/Os.

Thanks in advance

In WinCC Explorer, you should be able to find OPC under Tag Management. If you dont, then I guess v4.02 is too old for OPC.

There is also an addon that should allow WinCC to connect to Mitsubishi MELSEC FX directly, order no 6AV6371-1CD05-0RX0.
But unfortunately I think it requires minimum v5.0 SP2.
edit: Notice that this option wont work with v6+.

I think the conclusion will be that you must decide to upgrade your WinCC, or do what you suggested originally.
I would select to upgrade to the current version (v7.0 ?) and go via OPC to the Misubishi PLC.
Dont stand up when you get the word how much an upgrade to WinCC costs ! ;)
And you need an OPC Server for Mitusbishi as well.

Last edited:
Hi jasper today i hv configured cp340 on my project can u guide how to go ahead. I hope its not simple like dp/dp coupler. How to send commands where will be received data saved. Will mew data over write last data every time. What else should take care? Your support is highly needed
thanks in advance

Hi Harry.

So you jumped and went down the CP340 route ! Hmm.. I would have suggested you to consider all options. Maybe upgrading WinCC was too expensive for you, but there were other options than using CP340, profibus for example would have been worth investigating.

I am not the expert who can guide you through the to the solution with the path you have chosen. I know neither CP340 in details nor Mitsi.
I only know:
You have to use the standard blocks for ASCII data transfer via the CP340. There is a manual here:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1137332
I think that there is a CD with sample projects for STEP7 in the package for the CP340.
You can add several CP's (also CP340) to the same S7-300 rack. In the S7 PLC program you distinguish between the CP340 modules by specifying the BGADR parameter.

Now, you have to find out how to do the same on the Mitsi side, which I know zero about.

In the end, you will have created something that works (hopefully), but I really find it a cludge. And probably an expensive cludge too.

Dear Jesper, Thanks for all your time and support.

is any body out there who has work on CP340 and can suggest something
Thanks in advance